The Vietnamese auto market just ended the first quarter of 2022 with encouraging growth, although facing many difficulties due to the ongoing global shortages of chips and manufacturing components.
Car purchasing power is showing the first signs of recovery after the period affected by the Covid-19 epidemic, which means that the car market is becoming more and more diverse in models and more attractively priced.
Among the top 5 best-selling flat cars in Vietnam in the first quarter of 2022 are 3 B-class sedans, including: Hyundai Accent, Toyota Vios and Honda City. Hyundai Accent sold 5,430 vehicles, just behind Toyota Corolla Cross in the sales race in the auto market after the end of the first quarter of 2022.
5 flat cars The Vietnamese buy the most in the first quarter
In the shape Low floor car This year, up to 3/5 cars are Japanese cars (among others: Toyota Vios, Mitsubishi Attrage, Honda City) – which accounts for a larger proportion than Korean cars (Hyundai Accent, KIA K3).
Below is the specific information about the above car models:
1. Hyundai Accent: 5,430 vehicles
Accent is Hyundai’s best-selling model. This is considered the leading model in terms of equipment and the most affordable price in the segment.
Currently Hyundai Accent is marketed in 4 real versions with a list price of 426 – 542 million. The Hyundai Accent 2021 is equipped with a 1.4-liter engine with a power of 100 hp and a torque of 132 Nm, a 6-speed automatic or manual gearbox.
– Save energy;
– Equipped with standard rear view camera;
– Smart trunk;
– Large inner compartment, high quality;
– soundproofing ability;
– Sportier appearance;
– The rear-view mirror of the Hyundai Accent is designed quite small;
– At high speed the car gives a floating, not “real” feeling and the soundproofing is not too good.
– This model is highly valued because of the variety of equipment – in terms of safety, however, it has an extremely poor carrying capacity in the event of small collisions.
2. Toyota Vios: 4,855 vehicles
Vios has 6 versions with prices ranging from 478 – 630 million. At present, car buyers enjoy a range of incentives such as 10-30 million cash gifts, accessories…
Toyota Vios is known as a national car – one of the best-selling cars in the Vietnamese car market. In 2020, this model once dominated the Vietnamese car market with a whopping 30,251 cars sold in 2020 (average 2,520 cars/month), well ahead of rivals Hyundai Accent and Honda City. However, the top position in the first quarter of this year is more difficult for this model.
– Many options for your needs;
– Spacious and pragmatic;
– Durable and economical in fuel consumption;
– High security.
– Increased sale price;
– Some amenities;
– The operation is not convincing, the soundproofing is not good.
3. Honda City: 4,260 cars
Honda City is a B-size model from Honda that competes with Vios and Accent. This is also Honda’s “Team Carry” model in Vietnam. Honda City sales accounted for 48.4% of Honda Vietnam total auto sales in March 2022.
The high price sometimes makes it difficult for Honda City to reach customers. The model is sold in real 3 versions and costs between 529 and 599 million.
Currently, customers who buy city cars can enjoy a number of incentives such as:
– Save energy;
– Adequate cabin space;
– High-quality materials.
– When driving in daylight, City’s entertainment screen appears glaring, making it difficult to observe the driver’s driving parameters.
– The air conditioning did not really satisfy some city fans when the cooling level is very low.
4. KIA K3: 3,576 vehicles
The K3 name was given by Korean cars to unify the name worldwide. The new K3 version is equipped with increased interior comfort, but the safety technology remains the same. In Vietnam, the Kia K3 2022 is officially sold in 5 versions at a price of VND 559-759 million.
Kia K3 uses a 1.6 MPI Gamma petrol engine with an output of 126 hp at 6,300 rpm and a maximum torque of 155 Nm at 4,850 rpm. Comes with a 6-speed manual or automatic transmission.
– The engine is powerful and efficient enough;
– Practical and spacious cabin;
– Stylish exterior;
– Excellent infotainment system
– Reasonable selling price.
– The motor of the K3 makes a rather loud noise when accelerating. This can be a big problem for those looking for a quiet car.
– In addition, its acceleration is also inferior to some competitors in the same segment, such as Mazda 3 or Honda Civic.
5. Mitsubishi Attrage: 2,044 vehicles
Attrage is the latest model upgraded with the Dynamic Shield design in Mitsubishi’s product portfolio in Vietnam and is showing some effectiveness. Attrage does not compete directly with slightly larger B-size cars like Vios, City, Accent, but is gradually evolving into an affordable B-size sedan that is accessible, comfortable, yet familiar to everyone. Customer.
– Vehicles have additional features such as electronic scales;
– Assist to start over hills;
– Emergency Brake Assist.
– Guests have to wait longer to receive the car.
Source: VAMA, TC engine